2020 is quickly coming to a close, and the last hump we have to get over is the holiday season. This past year has been a challenge for everyone, with most businesses being forced to move solely to the internet, Red Shark Digital advertising agency Raleigh NC is here to help in your holiday marketing and advertising efforts. With a little inspiration from the famous holiday movie Elf, we are just as excited as Buddy to have put together this list of 10 tips to remember when preparing and putting forth your holiday marketing campaigns this season.
1. Don't be a “cotton-headed ninny muggins” and make smart marketing decisions that fit with the year’s trends. Bring everything to your customer’s fingertips, and have a foolproof online store to optimize your business's sales. Take advantage of online ad and SEO opportunities for your website.
2. “First, we'll make snow angels for two hours, and then we'll go ice skating, and then we'll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse Cookie Dough as fast as we can. And then, to finish, we'll snuggle.” Have a plan, that your entire team is aware of that includes goals, a mission, and a strategic plan on how you are going to achieve these aspirations. When the holiday season hits, advertising can get frantic and jumbled, unless you are working with digital advertising agency Raleigh NC, Red Shark Digital.
3. “Santa’s coming!” It’s time to put your plans into action! The countdown until the holidays are over is growing shorter and shorter, so there is no better time to get your marketing tactics up and running, than now!
4. “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear” and advertising your content on platforms that fit your niche. Many marketing agencies utilize social media platforms due to the rise in usage during the pandemic and holiday season. Don’t get left behind!
5. "You have such a pretty face. You should be on a Christmas card.” Keep your digital marketing agency tactics attractive and festive. No one wants to see a dark and gloomy advertisement for something during the most colorful time of the year. Get creative with elements, colors, and patterns, to catch the eye of anyone scrolling through.
6. “It's just nice to meet another human who shares my affinity for elf culture." When advertising during the holiday season, stick to the culture of your business and product. Users will thank you for staying true to your beliefs, rather than simply following the trend. When a customer finds a product that is like no other, they tend to be buyers for life, and that’s the end goal when advertising!
7. Don’t be like the Santa imposter and “sit on a throne of lies!” Holiday digital marketing can be difficult to make yourself stand out amongst the thousands of other products fighting for attention, however, lying about a product is never appropriate. Feature your business's best selling items and their greatest features to be attention-grabbing, rather than stretching the truth and having to deal with the negative Google reviews later!
8. “Buddy the Elf, what’s your favorite color?” Red Shark Digital advertising agency Raleigh NC has found that asking questions and interacting with your customers like Buddy, are great ways to boost organic traffic and help your digital advertising tactics grow and your business stay popular. Everyone has experienced dreadful customer service and response times when trying to communicate with businesses during the holidays. Keeping yourself available via all platforms will give your customers peace of mind.
9. “OW! Son of a nutcracker!” If a marketing tactic doesn’t turn out the way you had hoped, don’t let a snowball effect hit you in the face! Now is the time to take note of what was and was not successful in terms of marketing ideas and begin preparing for next year!
10. Once the stressful yet successful holiday shopping season is over, be sure to say “You did it! Congratulations!” You made it through, and now it’s time to prepare for the new year! If the holidays made you realize that digitally marketing and advertising your business isn’t your cup of tea (or coffee) don’t worry. Red Shark Digital advertising agency Raleigh NC is here to help.
This year, you aren’t alone in hoping that the holiday season will make up for the gap 2020 has caused in the business world as a whole. Many businesses and marketers are looking forward to the holiday season more than ever, and to start 2021 off on the right foot, including us. To do so, allow the digital strategists at Red Shark Digital marketing agency to take your business into our hands.