When you own a business and are looking for the best ways to gain foot traffic, or even just overall awareness, social media marketing Raleigh is a great place to start. Social media has tons of benefits: it allows you to inform users and potential customers about your business, it is a great way to communicate with customers on a more personal level, and it can entice users to visit your business or purchase your products/services.
If you are just getting started with your social media marketing Raleigh efforts, it is helpful to know some of the most common terms used on social media platforms. Follow along with Red Shark Digital, the area's leading experts in social media marketing Raleigh.
- Profile - Your profile is the first thing you will create when using Facebook. A Profile represents an individual person and allows you to add friends and follow Pages.
- Pages - Pages are typically used by businesses to publish their social activity. A Page offers special tools for businesses. Facebook users can "Like" a page in order to see updates on their News Feed. If you want to get your business, brand, or organization on Facebook, you will need to create a Page.
- Business Manager - The Facebook Business Manager is a hub where businesses manage access to their Pages, ad accounts, and other features.
- Stories - Instagram Stories are typically in-the-moment photos or videos that appear on a user's profile for 24 hours only. Stories can be personalized with music, filters, stickers, text, and more.
- Highlights - Instagram Highlights are essentially Stories that have been saved to a user's profile, so they can be viewed at any time (not just for 24 hours).
- Filters - Filters can be applied to both Stories and regular Instagram News Feed photo posts. On regular photo posts, filters are solely used to enhance the colors of the photo. With Stories, Filters have a wide range of features, like changing hair color or facial structure.
- Tweet - Each post that is uploaded to Twitter is considered a tweet. Each tweet is limited to 280 characters, and can include retweets, videos, images, links, and hashtags.
- Retweet - The Twittersphere is all about easily sharing information with each other. A retweet is the action of sharing another user's tweet with your followers, publicly.
- Twitter Trend - A particular subject or topic that is popular amongst conversations within a specific area or around the globe. Many choose to join in on trends to increase the visibility of their account.
- Connections - Similar to friends on Facebook, connections are people in your LinkedIn network. A network is built out of 1st-, 2nd- and 3rd-degree connections and your ability to communicate through these connections vary based on degree.
- Company Pages - Businesses tend to use LinkedIn to advertise their company to a more professional market. Company pages on LinkedIn are specific pages for an organization to post and promote content through paid advertisement.
Social Media Marketing Raleigh | Red Shark Digital
In efforts to build your brand and gain traction, social media marketing Raleigh is one of the best and most effective ways to increase your visibility in today's time. Day by day, understanding the ever-changing vocabulary of the industries leading social platforms remains important for overall digital marketing success. At Red Shark Digital, we are the first to understand that keeping up with the times can be a challenge. Allow the social media marketing Raleigh professionals to perform in-depth brand research, generate post analysis, and upload content to social media for you, so you can spend your time elsewhere. Contact us today!