What’s up! My name is Jamie Powell and I am the new digital graphic design intern at Red Shark Digital, digital marketing Greenville NC. I have a background in traditional art mediums, but started learning Graphic Design around 10 years ago.
Hobbies & Interests:
- Music: Other than art, music has been a constant in my life for as long as I can remember. I also play a few instruments such as guitar, drums, and bass. I also enjoy getting to sing from time to time when no one else is around. I’ll spare you with trying to list all the artists I enjoy, but I’ll name a few; Trivium, Knocked Loose, Primus, Killswitch Engage, MF DOOM, Wu-Tang Clan, Three Six Mafia, The Black Dhalia Murder, Tyler The Creator, and lastly a Canadian technical death metal band called “Archspire.”
- Simulators/Gaming: Another big part of my life without a doubt has been gaming. When I was younger it was First Person Shooters like Halo, Call of Duty, and Counter Strike; but lately my interests have shifted to racing simulators and action sport simulators such as “Skater XL," “Richard Burns Rally," and “MX Bikes."
- Finger-boarding: One of my oldest hobbies happens to be finger-boarding. I started when I was nine years old (2006) when I got my first pack of Tech Decks. It’s a skill I never really parted with as I’ve gotten older, but honestly it’s become a really fun outlet for expressing myself and provided me my first introduction to what an online community is and could be. To this day I still keep up with the community and give my support to the companies that have kept the hobby alive for as long as it has been.
- Sewing/Tailoring: Another skill/hobby of mine is sewing or tailoring clothes; mainly for myself, but it's a skill I learned from my grandmother that I've come to use on a regular basis.
- TV Shows: Hands down is “The Sopranos,” I’ve watched the series over a dozen times all the way through, but as for animation/cartoons it's Ed, Edd n Eddy.
- Favorite artists: It’s a tie between Keith Haring and KAWS, both are big influences in my illustrations and designs.
- Favorite sneakers: Another tie between the Air Jordan 4 or the Pigeon color way of the Nike Dunk.
- Favorite color: Yellow, any shade.