We’re back with another installment of how to use Figma! Figma is the leading interface design tool that our creative services Greenville NC team utilizes to develop award-winning graphics and assets that complement your brand identity. When exploring the many facets and capabilities of Figma, one of the important skills that you need to learn is how to use Figma plugins. Figma features plugins with endless extras that make your workload streamlined, simple, and user-friendly. Follow this walkthrough and learn how to use Figma plugins for your everyday workflow with creative services Greenville NC.
2. Placing your cursor over "plugins" will reveal a panel and near the bottom, you will find an option to "Browse plugins in Community.” Once selected, you will be directed to Figma's website. Here, you will find an archive of plugins created and provided by the Figma community.
3. Once selected, you will be directed to Figma's website. Here you will find an archive of plugins created and provided by the Figma community.
4. For today's example, our creative services Greenville NC team will be installing “SkewDat”. Simply locate the “Install” button on the left side of the screen. After you install the plugin, you will see a pop-up near the bottom of your screen notifying you about the installation of your plugin.
5. After installing your plugin, go back into your artboard in Figma and right-click on your artboard. Navigate to Plugins (You can also access the Plugins panel from the drop-down menu as mentioned in Step 2). Now, locate and select “SkewDat”. It should be noted that when learning how to use Figma plugins, most plugins require a layer on the artboard to be selected before activation.
6. Once you have selected SkewDat, you will see a UI panel pop up with your shape layer selected; you can now start using the SkewDat plugin. One thing you should know is that every plugin is unique, and will have its own personal uses, UI, and value adjustments.
You have now successfully learned how to use Figma plugins! Our creative services Greenville NC team encourages you to take the time to explore what Figma’s community truly has to offer through plugins. For the ultimate design tips and resources from our design experts, follow our Red Shark Digital Instagram or view our resource library!