Hey, y’all, my name is Dylan Woolard, and I’m the latest addition to the Red Shark Digital marketing team. I will be working as a copywriting intern while I finish up my degree at East Carolina University where I study public relations in the university’s School of Communication. A Google search first brought Red Shark Digital to my attention when I typed “digital marketing near me,” in the search bar and a little red fin popped up. No more than a week later, I received an email from a professor with that same little red fin and a link to a copywriting internship application. Growing up at the beach or on the water in Wilmington, NC I was admittedly skeptical at first to apply somewhere with “shark” in its name, but I decided to ride the wave instead, and here we are!
Things that I love
Some things I just can’t get enough of include but aren’t limited to sports, food, dogs, and the beach of course!
- First and foremost, I love my Pirates. Football, baseball, basketball, and beyond. I covered every sport I had the chance to during my time as a reporter for The East Carolinian and spent most of my childhood driving or riding the two hours from Wilmington just to see the Pirates play.
- If you could see me, you’d have no doubts about my love for food. I like to think I can cook a little bit, but for now, I stick to other people’s cooking whether it be my grandma’s, my dad’s, or just a Bill’s hot dog with extra chili from down the street.
- My dogs are what get me up in the morning. Literally, my dogs wake me up every day. That wasn’t a metaphor, they lick, paw, and cry every morning at 7 a.m. and I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world. My girlfriend and I have two puppies named Peach and Banjo Larry. Peach is a 1-year-old border collie and Banjo is an 8-month-old beagle and blue heeler mix.
- The beaches of Wilmington, NC have been my happy place for 16 years. The sand, sun, and saltwater are about as important as food, water, and sleep to me.
Things that I love… less
Hate is a strong word so I’ll just say I love these things less: Carolina blue, country music, and green peas.
- As a loyal Pirate and a Duke basketball fan all my life, Carolina blue is a color I wouldn’t mind taking off the color wheel if I’m being completely honest here. My first ECU football game was a 34-31 win over UNC. At my parent’s old house we hung a big aerial shot of Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium from that game titled “Pirates Sink Heels.”
- The verdict is still out on country music, but for a long time, I thought my dislike for the genre was a personality trait, and I took it seriously. It’s alright though, I’ve recently found a few country artists that I don’t mind listening to every now and then. My girlfriend and I are huge Tyler Childers fans and I even let her play a little country on road trips these days.
- Green peas are my least favorite food of all time and it’s not even close. I almost always give different foods a try if it’s something that I didn’t like as a kid or didn’t enjoy the first time I had it, but green peas are permanently off the list. My parents used to eat them all the time at dinner and sometimes I couldn’t leave the table until I finished eating my peas. However, my will is strong and more often than not, I found a way to hide the peas. Don’t tell anyone that.
As you can see, I’m pretty simple. I love purple and gold, putting food in my belly, loving on my dogs, and hanging out at the beach. Don’t serve any green peas for dinner though, I might take off for McDonald’s instead. Anyhow, I’m super excited to join the Red Shark Digital team and to get started at the top digital marketing agency Greenville NC!