Yes, hashtags can increase visibility for your brand or business. But, how many hashtags should you use? That’s the million dollar question.
Best Practices for Using Hashtags
There is no magic number of hashtags to use. But, there are some general guidelines you can follow:
- Use 1-2 hashtags per post. Any more than that and you run the risk of coming across as spammy.
- Use relevant hashtags. Don’t just use popular hashtags because you think they’ll get you more views. Make sure the hashtags you use are relevant to your post.
- Use a mix of popular and niche hashtags. Popular hashtags will help you reach a wider audience, while niche hashtags will help you reach a more targeted audience.
- Don’t use too many hashtags per post. As we said before, using too many hashtags can make you look spammy.
- Use hashtags that are specific to your brand. This will help you build brand awareness and reach a more targeted audience.
- Use a mix of branded and non-branded hashtags. Branded hashtags are those that include your company or product name, while non-branded hashtags are simply relevant keywords.
- Use hashtags that are relevant to your industry. This will help you reach a more targeted audience and build thought leadership.
- Use a mix of broad and targeted hashtags. Broad hashtags will help you reach a wider audience, while targeted hashtags will help you reach a more specific audience.